On Friday, 17 January 2003, at 1:55:05 p.m.,  wrote:

> Yesterday, I noticed The Bat! running very slow. The messages are
> downloaded at normal speed, but processing through the filters is
> very slow. 10 messages take about 15 minutes!

I've just taken notice of this thread because of something that just
happened.  I'd just opened TB! and hit Ctrl-F2 as I always do.
Between this and another mailing list, there were 130 messages to
collect on this account (others had only a few and completed quickly).

When the connection centre showed it was up to message #117, I clicked
into the inbox of this account and at *precisely* that moment the
whole download process slowed significantly.  From 3-4 emails per
second (I have 128k ADSL), it slowed to about 3-4 seconds per email!
I clicked into a different account but it stayed slow on the download.
After it finally finished, I clicked back to this account and all I
got was a blank pane for the inbox.

I decided to close TB! and it wouldn't.  Checking the Task Manager it
was taking 97% of CPU cycles.  After killing it and restarting in the
normal manner, everything appears fine.  (Certainly the two emails
that had remained in the inbox, that I was going to look at, were
still there, along with 10s of others in folders where they had been
filtered to.

Personally I think it was a timing thing - something it was doing at
the instant I clicked on the inbox.  I do this all the time and
usually have no problems.

Just thought I'd add this in to see if it helps.  I suspect a bug.

Regards,

Allister.
--
Using The Bat! v1.61
on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1