Hello Folks,

  I  am struggling over a question on the "server" functionality of TB.

  I understand (I think) that in standalone mode TB collects and shows
  you  your  email  (like  for most of us), in non-TCP mode acts as an
  internal  workgroup mail client (whatever) and lastly in server mode
  delivers  mail to other TB clients acting as a server (transport) to
  the  real  mail server at the ISP end. At the same time the "server"
  box can and does act as a mail client itself... Correct?

  In  any case, what I am interested to do is have a "server" mode Bat
  running  on  a  given PC and then 2 more "workstation" connecting to
  it,  but  all  being  able  to see one and the same set of accounts.

  Reason is dead simple - I have one main PC (the "server") where most
  of the mailing stuff gets done (will be done), but I have another PC
  in  the bedroom, on which I would lazy over on Sundays and send mail
  from  it rather than bother to go in the study. And finally I have a
  laptop, which ideally I would like to "synchronize" with latest mail
  messages  before going out - just to refer to them. (I doubt I would
  be able to post while away and then further sync the laptop msg base
  with the "server" msg base - with new messages which it has received
  while laptop was away)

  Ok,  for the laptop bit I am probably asking too much, but how about
  the  "server" and "workstation" being able to "see" all sets of mail
  accounts   and  mail  from  all  of  them  (so  all  user  will  be
  administrators)?

  Or  is  this  actually  achievable  if  I have the standalone client
  installed  on  different  PCs, but the msg base residing on a shared
  folder  -  then  all  I  need  to do is making sure that I close one
  client before starting the other? How about that?

  Thanks in advance for any help/opinion/sharing of experience.
 SS                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]