Ss [S] wrote:

S> Reason is dead simple - I have one main PC (the "server") where most
S> of the mailing stuff gets done (will be done), but I have another PC
S> in the bedroom, on which I would lazy over on Sundays and send mail
S> from it rather than bother to go in the study. And finally I have a
S> laptop, which ideally I would like to "synchronize" with latest mail
S> messages before going out - just to refer to them. (I doubt I would
S> be able to post while away and then further sync the laptop msg base
S> with the "server" msg base - with new messages which it has received
S> while laptop was away)

   Please Backup before trying any of this!!!!!

   It's possible to have two pc's with a TB! installation using the same
   message bases and accounts.

   If you go to Options//Preferences and go to the System section. The
   first option is the location for the Mail Directory. On your pc in
   the bedroom, you can make the TB! installation use the same Mail
   directory on the server.

   You have to have the necessary OS permissions setup so that the PC
   in the bedroom does have access to the necessary share drive which
   the Server mail directory resides.

   You can then close down TB! on the client PC. Open regedit.exe and
   navigate to HKCU/Software/Rit/The Bat!

   Look for the entry:

   HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\rit\The Bat!\\Working Directory

   The Working directory is the same as the Mail Directory. Change it to
   the path to the mail directory on the server. Exit Regedit.exe and
   restart TB!. It should now use the mail directory on the server.

   If you simply change the Mail directory via the TB! interface, TB!
   will attempt to move it's current mail directory to the new location
   you specify which isn't what you want.

S> Ok, for the laptop bit I am probably asking too much, but how about
S> the "server" and "workstation" being able to "see" all sets of mail
S> accounts and mail from all of them (so all user will be
S> administrators).

   The only way to do this is to synchronise the installation or use an
   external application to synchronise the Mail directories for the
   server and the laptop.

- --
 -= allie_M =- | List Moderator | OS: XP Pro (SP1)
_