Hi William,

Thursday, March 13, 2003, 8:52:56 AM, you wrote:

WM> I still fail to understand why people bother with the AV plug-ins

Because those people are responsible and would rather not:

a) Catch a virus themselves and,
b) pass it on to anyone else.

WM> It just introduces more complexities and potential problems. Keep it
WM> simple. I know the theoretical benefits. You can see from this list the
WM> practical results.

Not really. You only hear from people when they have problems. No one
writes in to say "Oh, look my AV works".

I use Norton and it works fine. I've used Norton since 1998 on Win
9x, NT and 2k and never had a problem with it.

 Mike