17-Jun-2003 07:37, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The References can't contain ANY references - WL wrote that there was
> no References included.

Correct. I was just explaining the difference.

> As long as the message, with the MID equal to the MID in the I-R-T,
> exists in the same folder, it will thread.

Correct. And if you have a message created with an email client that strips
the "References" (and only leaves the "In-Reply-To" Header) in your Inbox,
then reply to that message (reply is stored in Sent Mail folder), and get a
(header-crippled) reply on your reply, that new reply will not be threaded
with the first message you got, since the message that I-R-T points to is
not in the same folder.

I believe that can be explained much easier. I sometimes wish english was
my native language. :-)

 neurowerx (http://www.neurowerx.de)

History is a thin garment, easily punctured by a knifeblade called now. --
Graham Swift