Hello Allie, MAU, Mary, Terry, Peter and Stefan:

Thank you for your kind assistance.

(You may remember that I could not achieve the necessary SMTP
authentication while _sending mail_  from The Bat through ChoiceMail.)

It looks like I MAY have solved the problem now, in 2 steps.

First, I set both Send and Receive Mail to the new (DSL) ISP:
smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com. (Both hard worked fine before, set to
Choicemail's proxy server, 127.0.01.)

Sending mail now finally would work.

Second, I switched Receive Mail BACK to 127.0.01 (Choicemail)

Now, I apparently still have spam protection thanks to Choicemail AND
also outgoing SMTP authentication.

With many thanks,

David Austen