On Monday, August 4, 2003, 2:18:31 AM, Steve M. Sawczyn wrote:

> I'm just curious, do you not synchronize the laptop with the desktop
> when you return from traveling -- I'm trying to understand why you
> would leave mail on the server.

Mainly because of the problems keeping filters up to date on both
installations.  The result can be that messages get into different
folders on both machines, and this leads to duplicates.

The other reason is a very practical one - laptops are relatively easy
to loose or damage, so I would rather hold messages on the server for
a few days so I can be sure that I get them on my desktop PC than
depend on being able to synchronize from the Laptop.

The other thing to remember with Synchronisation is that it is a one-way
process - it makes the Installation A the same as Installation B, by
moving messages that are not on A but are on B onto A.  This means
that to do a full synchronisation (matching both installations) you
have to run it twice, making different machines the target and
destination each time, if you see what I mean!

Julian

--
  Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1