Hi David:

Spike>> The author of web2pop has ignored my repeated
Spike>> requests for information or a
Spike>> fix, which is pretty shabby considering I PAID for the privilege!  Can
Spike>> anyone provide some enlightenment on this?  Alternatives for Yahoo??

DS>         Try YahooPops! Available at the sourceforge website.  I've been using it
DS> to download my sister's message bases.  Last Sunday we downloaded 250 messages
DS> from her 'sent' folder.  Worked just fine.

I tried YahooPops and Hotmail Popper based on recommendations here and
I  am  very pleased.  Not only are they free, and pretty stable, but I
can   also   send   mail through these clients.  Web2pop, on the other
hand, must be registered and does not provide SMTP service.

Now  I  can  use  my Yahoo and Hotmail accounts to respond to other
newsletters and less reputable mailing lists without exposing my "preferred e-mail
addresses.

Thanks to everyone for the tips!

- Ricardo