Vishal, [V] wrote:

V> You're right..it's not. I posted earlier that automatic checks don't
V> work even with no firewall in place.

AM>> What other software are you running. Are you running anti-virus software
AM>> that does POP3 scanning?

V> Symantec Antivirus version 8. As of yesterday, BlackICE PC Protection 3.6.

You run no other little shell applications? WindowBlinds, clipboard
extenders, spam filters etc?

It can be really whacky how applications can interfere with each other.
They do it in the most unexpected ways at times and furthermore, it
doesn't have to be happening from the outset, throwing out the, 'but it
has always been working before' argument to defend a particular
application being the culprit.

I'd therefore start checking by running TB! only with nothing else
enabled. If automatic checking works then start eliminating other
applications.

--
 -= allie_M =- | List Moderator
PGPKeys: http://www.ac-martin.com/pgpkeys.html