* Peter Fjelsten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On 13-09-2003 09:49, you [M] wrote:

>> - On the Properties General tab, include a From and Reply-To address
>> with a fake domain that you know does not exist. This fake domain is the
>> one that will be used to build MIDs and you can then filter on it.

No, please don't do that. If you want to be part of USENET then you
should follow the rules.

The most simple way not to get spam is to fill in an *existing*
e-mail address in the To: field which is under your control (you
don't have to read those mails, create an extra gmx, hotmail,
realbox, etc account for that) to prevent mail bounces. Reply-To:
addresses are hardly spammed, so you should create another e-mail
account for that which you read once a week or so.

IMHO it is not very polite to hide your name or mail address -- but
this of course is my personal opinion.

If you definitely don't want to publish your e-mail address then
use [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You should never use fake addresses which are not under your control
(like [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], ...), because
*they* will receive the bounces.

> Yes, but this would mean that people cannot send me mail as the address
> is fake.

Right.

> However, I have noticed that direct replies to one's messages have the
> MSID of the replied-to message last under references - now I only need
> some RegEx to hit on only messages where my MSID is the last in the
> string of references.

> ,----- [  ]
> | <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> | <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> | <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> | <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> `-----

> I don't suppose you have that RegEx worked out already?

((?:\nReferences:[^\n]*?)(?:\n\s[^\n]*?)*(@immer-international\.de>\s*\n[\S\n]))

Search in Kludges and replace [EMAIL PROTECTED] with your
FQDN (»adr\.dk«).
--
Carsten