Hello ETM,

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:17:59 -0400 GMT (23/09/2003, 02:17 +0700 GMT),
ETM wrote:

> I remain totally frustrated and worry that this is just the tip of
> the iceberg as more and more servers attempt to clamp down on spam.

It's good idea to clamp down on spam, but filtering on the X-Mailer is not.

Give them http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/spammers.html and mention
that if they want to identify spam by X-Mailer, they'd get a lot more
hits for Outlook Express than *any* other mailer. So they'd better
block that one.

Also, send a message to their superiors and suggest that they spend
some money to educate their people, or rather employ people who know
their stuff to begin with.

Or, send the details of the the ISP with the under-educated staff to
this list, and we'll find out who the president is and suggest in an
appropriate way that he fire his postmaster. Wouldn't be the first
time we did it.

(I am annoyed with people who call themselves postmasters but don't
know squat about the internet. Really.)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What is
Hell?" Come early and listen to the choir practice.

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 128MB RAM