Hi Pranav,

Le jeudi 25 septembre 2003 à 00:55:11, vous écriviez :

PL> Hi all,

PL> Is any one using Screen readers such as Jaws For Windows
PL> (http://www.freedomscientific.com) or Window Eyes (http://www.gwmicro.com)
PL> with TheBat?

        Personally I used to work with Jaws and nextly I will work with Window-Eyes.
It's true than we can use the bat! with jaws or any screen readers if we create custom
settings a bit.
But I'm not totally aggree with Thomas Fernandez when he said that jaws works
perfectly with the bat!.
In fact we can use it but I think we could greatly improve the accessibility of the
bat! by making it Ms accessibility compliant in order to use the Ritlabs Html engine
or if we can identify with tooltips all icons in the program.
Few days ago I wrote to Maxim Masiutin and suggest him several things. here is a part
of our discussion :

Hi Max,

Le lundi 22 septembre 2003 à 16:22:35, vous écriviez :

You can download a demo copy of Jaws at http://www.hj.com and/or Window-eyes at
http://www.gwmicro.com.

MM> How do you read text in Microsoft Internet
MM> Explorer, there is also no cursor there.

Yes, but in this case screen readers rely on Microsoft Active accessibility (you can
obtain information at
http://www.microsoft.com/enable or msdn).
Or you could either :
- customize the html component used in the bat! enabling the cursor caret. Then we
could be able to read html message and
scroll them because screen readers could then track the cursor properly,
- or letting optionnally the ability to activate the Microsoft Html renderer engine.

Could you please take me aware of your investigation concerning this part of the
development please ?

And it would also be very interesting if we could access to the toolbars, the
mailticker  and so on...

I truely hope that Ritlabs will make an effort in this direction.

--

Greetings,

The Bat! v2.00.6 on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600