Hello, fellow Bat-lovers.

On Monday, September 29, 2003, 4:46:01 AM, David wrote:

> So these are the solutions mentioned which are working well for some
> of you:

> Popfile, SpamPal, K9 and the Bat's "Known filter" approach.

> Any other final thoughts or suggestions, anybody else?

David, I missed your earlier request. I Just switched from PopFile to
SpamBayes ( http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/ ). It's been kind of a
pain to set up--for me, at least--but I finally got it working today
and it has great possibilities.

The thing that I like about it is that it doesn't just have the Spam
and Ham (or nonspam) categories of PopFile, but it has a third:
Unsure. I don't get a lot of spam, but with PopFile, after 3 months I
was still getting false positives dumped into my Spam folder, so I was
still checking it regular--defeating the whole purpose of the filter.

Presumably, after a little training (and I got a good start with about
250 spam messages I'd collected previously), I will only need to
occasionally check my Unsure folder, and VERY rarely my Spam folder.

--
 Keith

Using The Bat! 2.00 under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 on a 2.4 GHZ Pentium IV with 512
MB.