Hello Bill,

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:55:46 -0400 GMT (10/10/2003, 02:55 +0700 GMT),
Bill McCarthy wrote:

> I use TB (both this version and the 2.x).  I also need an external
> (X-Ray) to clean subject lines on incoming mail.  Are you saying you
> have a way of cleaning incoming subject lines automatically?

No, TB cannot do that. The reason is that some people think that
incoming messages mustn't be altered. If find it highly annoying that
everytime I get a message (often from this list) that is worth keeping
but the thread has somewhat drifted and the subject is not what the
message is about, I have to export the message, change the subject by
hand (and probably delete parts of the message I don't want to keep),
and then re-import the message.

The subject-cleaning macros in TB work only when you reply to a
message.

> BTW, I tried the archives and the current issue links.  In both cases,
> I received a "It's missing" page :-(

Both links work fine over here.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 128MB RAM