Hello Gordon & other TB! list members following this thread,

On Saturday, November 1, 2003, Gordon asked:

GW> Can someone explain the way in which the Receive settings are preselected
GW> or not in the Message Despatcher?

Generally, when a message's receive box is de-selected it's due to
the manner in which you've configured your Selective Download
filter. If that's the case, you might want to deactivate it and
toggle ALL the Receive flags off by using the ctrl+2 command.

GW> When I use this to check a mail account all of the mail has the Read
GW> and Delete checkboxes checked

The Read checkbox's being checked means TB! won't show it to you
next time around, which it can't do anyway if it becomes deleted due
to the Delete checkbox being selected.

GW> but just a few have the Receive checkbox selected, and there
GW> does not seem to be any logical reason for what is selected and
GW> what is not.

Are you using a Selective Download Filter?

GW> I usually have to to to the Global menu item and select Reset Flag and
GW> then click on the Receive menu item to deselect all the Receive
GW> column and then pick the one or two which I want.

ctrl+2 will toggle all of them, so you'll want them to be all the same.

GW> Is there any way of causing them all to be deselected in the Receive
GW> column as a default?

You could use your own email address as a string in the Selective
Download Filter-

--

Douglas Hinds, Mexico