Simon wrote:
> To do what you are wanting I usually highlight the whole message body,
> hit  CTRL+C  then  deselect, hit F4 and paste into the new message. It
> doesn't fix your problem but maybe it is a little quicker.

Thanks.  I've done that before, and will probably use that again since
it's faster than doing the Forward method I described.  The problem is
that the copied text is not clearly marked as a reply.

Another method is to highlight everything after the first cut mark,
copying and pasting that after hitting F4.

By the way, it is not necessary to to deselect in your example above.
Hitting F4 with nothing selected or hitting F4 with the entire message
history (multiple replies) selected results in the same content in the
editor.

This is precisely what bugs me about The Bat's over-zealousness with
regard to cut marks - it over-rules its own logic of selective reply.
Convention and cut mark etiquette notwithstanding, if I purposely select
text, then that text should be included in the reply when I hit F4.

Period.

Poor design, IMO.

--
 Ken Green
 Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4