Hello Melissa,

On 1 Dec 2003 at 18:01:40 -0800 GMT [03:01 CET] you wrote:

MR> Hi Andre,

MR> On Sunday, November 30, 2003, at 4:35:48 AM PST, you wrote:

>> When I then look at the source of the created mail there are again
>> questionmarks in the headers while the body is ok.

MR> I'm not sure, but could the answer be found in "Account
MR> Properties/Options..." ?

MR> [ ] Allow 8-bit characters in message header

No. That option just tells the bat! wether to encode 8bit characters. I
want it to encode them so I've turned that off. But thanks for trying.
In the mean time I solved my problem :) (why is it that as soon as you
ask for help you find the solution yourself?)

Under 'Regional and Language Settings' I set the options to extend
support for advanced text services to all programs and to use russian
for non-unicode programs. Well, I don't know which which of these did it
but I can now use cyrillic with the bat without problems. If it is in
the headers it's even correctly encoded.

--
Cheers,
 Andre

"The meeting of two personalities
 is like the contact of two chemical substances:
 if there is any reaction, both are transformed."