Hello Steve,

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:34:25 +0000 GMT (02/12/2003, 19:34 +0700 GMT),
Steve Mulhall wrote:

> Is it possible to to add a search string with a wildcard in a filter?

Just don't type anything instead of a wildcard character. So, if you
want to find all messages containing "Read:" in the subject, use this
(without the quotes) as the filter string. It will be caught even if
there is something else in the subject.

> Another quick one, at various points during the day, although sometimes
> maybe only once The Bat! loses its file associations with .EML and
> .VCF files and obviously on opening asks if I want to associate. At
> this point a check reveals that said file types are associated with
> Outlook Express, which I would not touch with a barge pole but need to
> keep because some colleagues occasionally use it and have questions.

The moment you open OE for whatever reason, it will associate itself
with these file types without asking. Send a bugreport to the makers
of that piece of software. Nothing else you can do.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Why do they report power outages on TV?

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 128MB RAM