Hello Paul,

>  well, I listen and learn from everyone.

We all do :-)

> Sometimes I learn what NOT to do, othertimes I learn what works:) In
> your case it seems to work, so..

Well, I gave you my argument that you cannot open or "read" a file if it
hasn't been previously written....

>  anyway, even with AVAST internet mail turned off, it still affected TB
>  getting mail, so I had to stop the AVAST resident scanner, get mail,
>  then turn it back on. Avast seems to be a real problem intercepting and
>  affecting my capability of getting mail all the time.

Maybe it is scanning *.tmp files. Or even *.TBB or *.TBI files. Can you
exclude these extensions (or TB's mail directories) from scanning? (Just
to test :))

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v2.01.3
Winamp OFF: