Hello MAU,

Saturday, December 27, 2003, 2:53:24 PM, you wrote:

M> Hello Thomas,

>>> whereas I should be able to just do the "re-send" command and have it
>>> do exactly the same thing, i.e. put a new copy into the "sent" mailbox
>>> with the time & date of "now".
>>
>> I just checked. The re-send function keeps the original date. I don't
>> know whether it should update the timestamp or not. Should it?

M> I don't think so.

How come?  As it is now, you could be looking for a message that was
sent December 27 say, and not find it unless you look in a date sorted
message list in the Sent folder under December 20. Now, maybe you
wouldn't find that happen to you even once in a blue moon. But that's
no reason to imply it doesn't happen for other users sometimes.

>>> So, I'm still going to submit the bug...
>>
>> I think yours is a feature request, not a bug.

M> Agree.

The Bat is very best at representing a lot of details from all the
delivery process. So it's easy to second-check if mail was from a
spammer, or a commercial source, or your friend.  The received mail
has full information. Surely it is a bug if the sent mail is lacking
full information!

Now, maybe you reflect on the main field names they chose for Received
mail. They chose Created, and Received. A very sensible model for mail
that you received. For mail that was sent, the salient dated
information is the date and time the mail was sent. If I look up under
a date, I can't find when a message was sent. Instead, I am fooled by
a very similar date that makes me believe I have an accurate
impression of the listing.

The Sent folder has Two date fields: Saved, and Created. This Created
field should be listing the date and time when messages are sent. As
it stands, these fields are redundant meaning-wise. And they have the
same contents. A Saved date would make more sense for a text editor. A
Mailer should preserve the time mail was mailed. :-)

It is surely a bug to mislead the user.

>From URL:
> An error or defect in software or hardware that causes a program to malfunction.

This definition of bug is too concise.

Would have to consult then who to advise for the implication of malfunction.

 Adam