1/2/2004, 6:00 PM: Matt said in "TheBat or Pocomail"
MT> On Friday, January 2, 2004 @ 2:24:28 PM [-0700], S & J Love wrote:

>> Presumably most are on this list because they are The Bat!
>> devotess and would opine that The Bat! is a winner by a country mile!

MT> One of the users, Tony Bloom, has used both quite a bit and is
MT> probably going to have the best info on this but just to add my two
MT> cents...

I  started  using  TB  and  PocoMail  at about the same time (97 or 98).
Initially,  I  was  drawn to poco -- its interface is, albeit [quirky?],
'prettier'  but the more time I spent with the two, the more I was drawn
into  TB. The sheer power of it, for one thing -- very few aspects of it
are  beyond  customization.  TBUDL  helped,  as well -- I like an active
support community, active development.

Poco  is  probably  easier  for the novice user and has a few convenient
features  (  its  scripting  implementation is nice ) but all in all, TB
Packs the punch, IMHO.

MT> (snip)  I  missed  the  editor,  the  F9  for headers, the extensive
MT> filtering  capabilities...the list goes on. It's hard to explain but
MT> I'm  more into the technical aspects of software and TB just "feels"
MT> better. :) I'm sure others can relate...

I'm absolutely stuck on MicroEd, RegEx, the template functionality . . .
I  find  TB's  different  functions  to  be  integrated into one another
splendidly.

I'll  admit to not having toyed with Poco for a good year or so, though.
Been using TB too long to not stick with it. I hate change :-)

--
Peace, be well           J Allen R Day             http://protempore.org
I'm  living  so  far  beyond  my income that we may almost be said to be