--> Monday, January 5, 2004, 11:55:38 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello,

> Sunday, January 4, 2004, 10:32:51 AM, you wrote:

tko>> I must say I don't "get" Pocomail. Then again, I don't get XP.

I don't use consumer OS and I don't care for the "pleasing" interface.
I know you can disable it, but it was mostly an off-hand remark.

I see PocoMail as similarly marketed. I am not the target market.

> Windows XP works.  I've been using it for a couple of years, and no
> blue screens, in fact, I've never had an XP-related problem.

> Pocomail, on the other hand, is currently too buggy for public
> release, despite the fact that it is "out of beta".   It has a more
> modern looking, and more modern working (i.e. mouse rather than
> Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F12) interface.

The Bat! has been historically buggy for extended periods of time.

The keyboard interaction is another factor of marketing. Those who
use professional and server OS, with traditional win32 ui, also happen
to be sufficiently advanced enough (not the other way around), to also
use keyboard shortcuts to a greater degree than others.

Does The Bat! provide features accessible by keyboard alone that PocoMail
provides in Menus? After all, The Bat has mouse/menu interaction as well.

A typical consumer/customer could be confused by the options in TB,
but they simply do not have to worry about the keyboard shortcuts.

The big thing about Poco, to me, a developer, and possibly others, is...

What the **** is this interface? That's not Windows.

If I remember right, it was also lacking in many other areas important
to *me*. As such, I think Becky is the closest rival to The Bat.
PocoMail is an orange to The Bat's apple.

All the while, I wish The Bat was simply better, there are simple things
which would make it ultimately more useful and now that i think of it, some
of these things might actually make it more consumer-ly appealing.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]