Tuesday, January 13, 2004, 8:01:55 AM, you wrote:

SJL> (The default in new mail and replies in Pocomail is, I think,
SJL> day-date-time + TZ.) (BTW, there is supposed to be some subtle
SJL> difference between GMT and UT...what the hell is it?  In message
SJL> headers, is the reference to GMT or UT?)

UT is more correctly referred to as UTC (Universally Coordinated Time).
It's difference from GMT is academic for most as it is never more than a
second.

There's a pretty good explanation here:

http://www.apparent-wind.com/gmt-explained.html

Note I also found some sources which claimed that UTC was simply the
'new' version of GMT.  Not so.

 Allister