I want to subscribe to news on more than one server. Am I right in
thinking I need to set up a TB! account for each one (server that is,
not group)?

I've set up MyGate but I don't seem to be able to receive anything. My
set up is as follows:

POP3>NNTP
Local Port:1701
Server: msnews.microsoft.com:119

SMPT>NNTP
Local Port:1702
Server: msnews.microsoft.com:119

TB! Account Transport
POP:
 Server:localhost
 Port:1701
 Connection:Regular
 User/password are filled in

SMTP:
 Server:localhost
 Port:1702
 Connection:Regular

If I go into MyGate and open up the POP3>NNTP entry and click on
'Available Groups / update List' I get a list of newsgroups which
suggest that MyGate is talking to the server.

I've subscribed to 2 newsgroups; one with a 'normal' subscription and
one with N=10. When I click on Get New Mail on the relevant account in
TB! I get the following:

,----- [  ]
| 16/01/2004, 09:48:45: FETCH - receiving mail messages !16/01/2004,
| 09:48:46: FETCH - Could not connect to the server
`-----

I'm more than prepared to concede that I'm doing something wrong, I
just don't know what. Can anyone help? Please?

- --
Stuart

Using The Bat! v2.03 Beta/31 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1
Aided by BayesIt! 0.4gm

PGP Key available from ldap://keyserver.pgp.com