Hello Mike,

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:08:18 -0500 GMT (18/01/2004, 10:08 +0700 GMT),
Mike F wrote:

> I have been using The Bat for years without any problems.  I am
> running Windows ME and recently upgraded to the Christmas Edition
> (2.03.3). Last night I opened The Bat and started receiving my new
> messages.  On the last message, message 88 out of 88, it gave an error
> like "Could not store message, saving as C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\bat81C4.TMP."
> (This is not the precise wording of the error message but it is pretty
> close.) And it would continue very slowly saving messages in
> C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ with different filenames. I got tired of watching it
> do this, so I shut it down and restarted the program.  After
> restarting, it did the exact same thing: received 88 messages, the
> same error, and started writing messages to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.

Take a look at this message directly on the server. Either message 88,
or 87. One of them may be damaged.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

SYMPTOM: Floor moving. FAULT: You are being carried out. ACTION: Find
out if you are being taken to another bar.

Message reply created with The Bat! 2.03 Beta/31
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM