Mike F, [MF] wrote:

MF> No, I wasn't compressing my inbox. This probably explains why it was
MF> getting slower and slower to display messages every time I clicked
MF> on the inbox folder! I've set the inbox to compress on exit now.
MF> Thanks for pointing this out.

Ok. This may have been a part of the problem. Now that you reinstalled,
the problem would have no longer been there for the moment. Now that
you've set the folder to compress on exit, you can rule that out.

MF> I have 16GB free on my hard disk.  C:\WINDOWS\TEMP is 4GB.  Does it
MF> matter if the TEMP folder is large if I have plenty of free space?

Maybe. That's a huge amount of temp files. Any reason for the build up?

I suggest downloading and running this application pretty regularly:

http://www.danish-shareware.dk/soft/emptemp/index.html

MF> I am running ZoneAlarm 3.7.098 so that could be an issue although I
MF> more suspicious of Bat CE because that is the only recent change to
MF> my configuration.

ZA is known to suddenly start causing problems. I would never wave its
involvement aside simply based on the fact that it has so far not cause
problems. I've read many accounts of and personally experienced the
contrary.

--
     -= allie_M =- | List Moderator
   PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com