Hello Richard!

On Sunday, January 25, 2004, 12:30 PM, you wrote:

JS>> I am not sure to understand exactly some sentences:

RW> Sorry I didn't ignore you. I've just been out all the time ...

I figured that, Richard, and the same for Miguel. :) Was delighted at
the opportunity to play with words and possibly make a new on-line
friend. :)

RW> ... and see that Mary provided a quite excellent answer to my use
RW> of slang words. ...

Glad I didn't miss the mark too much. :)

RW> ... I'm sure she was also inwardly cringing at my terrible use of
RW> the English language at the same time :-)

I *was* *not*! My goodness, what a thing to say! I really enjoy
slang--have a private stash of my own, both inherited and acquired.
And for a native UK speaker, you do okay with English. <g>

If Jean's still reading this thread, I hope he will know that I'm only
teasing with that last sentence. Both on-line and in person I have
found your use of English impeccable, and a conversation with you is
always a pure joy. :)

Ah well, also: so much for my efforts to take this to tbot. :/

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mary

The Bat! 2.00.6 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1