Hello Marck D Pearlstone,

on Fri, 30 Jan 2004 02:33:43 +0000 (2004-01-30 03:33:43 in .nl) in the
message with reference <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
you [MP] wrote (at least in part):

PO>> Well, the context conditions are in the program, linked to some
PO>> action. The action / 'what to do' can be defined external. Just
PO>> like with templates.

MDP> It's made more complex because of the way TB lets you use the same
MDP> keys to do different things in different places. There are a lot of
MDP> keys used in editing that you may want to use for something else
MDP> somewhere else.

Ok, that's context.
The action to take can be defined somewhere else.

MDP> Where better to define each than in context?

I don't agree. Some action can be defined for some context. But some (oh,
all) actions can also be defined _global_ / _elsewhere_ for some
_preprogrammed_ context (think about new message, simple uh?).

MDP> By letting you define keys "in situ" - what you want where you need
MDP> it - it takes a level of complexity away from the act of defining
MDP> the keys.

Maybe _just maybe_ for the first definition.
But not for distributing amoungst mulitple clients.

MDP> Anyway - we may have to agree to disagree on this one.

Guess.

I don't like to update 15 copies (hey, TB sells business licences) by
going over to 15 PC's to install some <^&(*!#^> QT.
I can administer 'new msg' / 'reply' / etc templates easily, not
visiting all PC's.

So, help the admin:
- support central config
- links to central stored QT's
- whatever, so I don't need to move my ass (is that clear enough??)

MDP> The fact remains, you can define keys that work in the editor and
MDP> do pretty complex stuff.

Agreed on that.

--
Kind regards,