Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:38:54 +1000 (12:38 AM EST here) Bob Morris wrote:

> G'day Wayne,

> Friday, February 20, 2004, 2:20:24 PM, you wrote:

>> Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 8:16 PM (Pacific Time)

>> Hello Bat Users,

>> Every once in a while I will get a joke from a friend and a box
>> will pop up saying "Canvas does not allow" and I have to
>> ctrl-alt-del to shut TheBat down. When restarting, all is fine and
>> I delete the message that made this happen. Has anyone seen this
>> message before and know what causes it?

> This is a problem with Windows 98 running out of resources.

If the problem is caused by not enough available RAM, a RAM manager
might help you avoid rebooting. I been using "FreeRAM XP Pro," which
is for use on Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP based systems.

I've set FreeRAM to free whatever RAM it can, whenever the system has
less than 24 MB (out of 128 MB total) RAM free. In a pinch (perhaps in
response to "Canvas does not allow") you might be able to avoid
rebooting by clicking on FreeRAM's task bar icon to free memory
FreeRAM can free.

More information can be found at: http://www.yourwaresolutions.com/ .

(My only connection with Your Ware Solutions, is as a satisfied user
of FreeRAM.)

> The only solution is to reboot as it is a system problem and not a Bat!
> problem.  Usually when it does it to me I don't just get one pop-up
> I get dozens that keep appearing quicker than I can close them
> down. CTRL-ALT-DEL is usually the only way out.

Using: The Bat! v2.02.3 CE
       MyMacros 1.10
       Windows 2000 v5.0 - Build 2195 - Service Pack 4

--

Daniel A. Grunberg       Kensington, Maryland, USA
homepage: www.nyx.net/~dgrunber/