Hello Martin,

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:36:20 -0600 GMT (25/02/2004, 01:36 +0700 GMT),
Martin Schneider wrote:

> With one I could retrieve my mails but in the other account
> I get the error message you can see in the logfile below.

Explanation:

TB downloads messages as .tmp files first into a temp directory before
importing them into the database. The message you are trying to
download contains a virus, so the tmp file is quaratined by your
anti-virus software and TB cannot store it into the the message base.
At next mailcheck, the same thing happens, as TB didn't mark is as
"read", because it hasn't been successfully downloaded and stored.

Solution suggestions:

1.) Use the mail despatcher and delete that message on the server.

2.) Disable your AV software, download the message, deleted it, empty
the Trash or delete that message inside the Trash folder. Then
compress Inbox, the folder to which it was filtered (if applicable)
*and* Trash. Only then re-enable your AV software. (The reason for
compressing is that otherwise your AV software might quarantine the
whole folders upon next access, because the offending message is still
in there, albeit invisible.)

3.) I hear that the TB anti-virus plugins work a in more comfortable
way. Alas, I have not heard of one that has left the beta stage.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Nach Ansicht des Sachverstaendigen durfte der Verlust zwischen 250.000
und einer Viertelmillion liegen.

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM