Hello Martin,

on Tuesday, February 24, 2004, 12:36:20 PM, Martin Schneider wrote:

> !21.02.2004, 22:00:21: FETCH - could not store message (file name
> - C:\DOKUME~1\Martin\LOKALE~1\Temp\bat1C90.tmp)

So I was investigating a little bit more and found the reason for the
problem. Of course you all could be right that a virus scanner is
blocking the mail. However my virusscanner (BitDefender) is not
blocking the file as it would filter out the virus already while
writing to the TMP-file. (It filters out the virus before arriving to
the Mail-Program by interfering the stream. On slow connections it can
happen that The Bat announces a timeout as it doesn't retrive the
stream as it have to be fully downloaded inside of the virusscanner
berfore passing it to "The Bat").

The reason for the error message was that the mail contained no real
mail data as it was created by the mailprovider (e.g. sender, subject
and recipient was missing). And "The Bat" didn't know how to handle
the "incorrect" mail. So the consequence was that error.

Maybe Stefan and Co. could make a check if the "mail" contains real
maildata. In case not to report that mail as corrupt or whatever.

 Martin

Using The Bat 2.04.4 on Windows XP