Jean Site, [JS] wrote:

JS> Yes, It was a commun folder

Ok.

JS> I have gone via explorer: Program files/The Bat!/Mail/Jean Site
JS> The missing folder is replace  by an empty one: $KNOWN$

JS> This folder ib emty, I suppose that I can't recover lost messages!

If the folder isn't there, then it has been deleted. How, I don't
know.

The only thing I can suggest is one of those pieces of software that
can help recover deleted files from the disk. Otherwise, hopefully you
have a backup somewhere?

JS> I don't known when the folder disappeared.

JS> The day I discovered the disappearance and the day before I have pressed
JS> Keyboard'keys :Alt, Arrow up, Ctrl and others.

JS> Why?

I had my common folders not restore while restoring my installation to
a new OS install. I had to recreate the common folders and restore the
messages from backup.

System maintenance and disk management operations have been known to
make people lose data.

It's just highly unusual for a folder to simply disappear like that.

JS> I suppose I have pressed some keys which are deleted the folder.

Perhaps.

JS> Which keys?

I don't know. Usually, attempting to delete a folder will bring a
prompt up.

JS> The Problem now is: Is-it possible to avoid deleting a folder?

If you mean a switch or setting to make a folder undeletable, then no,
there isn't one.

--
-=[ Allie ]=- (List Moderator and fellow end-user)

PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com
Running The Bat! v2.05 Beta/1 on WinXP Pro (SP1)