Hi Peter,

jsod>>If I work up 50 incremental
jsod>> backups and want to restore them all,  is this process as tedious as I
jsod>> fear - that is, done one by one ? Or can it be automatized somehow ?
jsod>> Do they have any advantages apart from the obvious gain in time of
jsod>> execution ?

PK> What you are thinking is called differential backup.
PK> Incremental backup always backs-up from the last full backup i.e. to
PK> restore you have to run the full backup and the last incremental backup.
PK> You should be able to find out the details in you backup program help file.
PK> After some search I found this the best at that time:
[snip]

Thanks for your detailed description. I did a lousy job of explaining
myself and I didn't know the right terminology. I am talking about
backing up the mail bases of TB via the inbuilt backup function - not
general backups with other software. I just checked, and in TB what I
referred to as incremental is actually called an 'update to existing
archive'.

Ok, I'd written some more questions here but now Leif G. just replied
as well, so I'll save the magnetic ink for later since my questions
were answered well.

Thanks to both of you !

--
Regards,