Hello MAU,

On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:36:46 +0200 GMT (13/05/2004, 01:36 +0700 GMT),
MAU wrote:

>> IIRC the RFC says that a Reply-To header is only necessary when that
>> address is different from the From address, so I don't know what TB's
>> default is all about.

M> Considers the zillions of e-mail users world-wide. What percentage would
M> you say the even know that RFCs exist? :)

It doesn't matter, as the user is not involved. If there is no
Reply-To, the email client should send a reply to the From address; if
there is a Reply-To, the reply should go to that. Why TB inserts an
unnessary Reply-To is beyond me, even though it doesn't cause any
harm.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Eine Ratte schwaermt der anderen vor: 'Ach ja, diese Lerngesetze sind
schon toll! Jedes Mal wenn ich diesen Hebel druecke, muss mir der
Weisskittel Futter geben!'

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM