Fri, 14 May 2004 02:46:10 -0400 (2:46 AM  here) David wrote:

> On Monday, May 10, 2004, 7:10:23 AM, you wrote:

TA>> Does anyone know of a macro that I can use to insert my progress
TA>> for [EMAIL PROTECTED] in my mail signature?

> Not a macro, but a snappy little program called setisig is what I
> use. It creates a little text file with your seti done information.

> It outputs to a file. I have The Bat! set up to grab that file into
> smart bat! so I can edit it (only because I don't like to use ALL
> the information that setisig outputs) and then in my templates, I
> just grab that file.

> So after editing, mine looks like: No of SETI units returned: 701
> Processing time: 1 years, 147 days, 11 hours.

> Alas, as you notice, this does take a few steps - running setisig
> then editing through smart bat!. But, unless you are obsessed with
> having every email have an absolutely up to the moment record of
> your seti work, this is good enough for me. I run it once or twice a
> week, when I think about it.

Another, probably much simpler possibility has occurred to me.

Download "MyMacros" from http://en.barin.com.ua/soft/mymacros/ .

Plug "MyMacros" into TheBat!

"MyMacros" adds some advanced macros to TheBat!'s repertoire, so, for
example, you can do the following in a TheBat! template:

     %Run("PathToSetsig")                   Will run Setisig.

     %INCLUDE="PathToSetisigOutputTextFile" Will include the file's
                                            text.

     %Getline("n","%Include="Path...File")  where n=1,2,3,... I THINK
                                            will include line n of
                                            Setisig's output text
                                            file.

So, a template to include lines 1, 5, and 8 of the file in your
message, MIGHT look like:

%REM="%-
BEGIN QUICK TEMPLATE "Seti135"
"%-
%Run("PathToSetsig")%-
%Getline("1","%Include="PathToSetisigOutputTextFile")
%Getline("5","%Include="PathToSetisigOutputTextFile")
%Getline("8","%Include="PathToSetisigOutputTextFile")
%REM="%-
END TEMPLATE "Seti135"
"%-

Using: The Bat! v2.10.03, BayesIt! 0.5.4, MyMacros 1.10
       Windows 2000 v5.0 - Build 2195 - Service Pack 4

--

Daniel A. Grunberg       Kensington, Maryland, USA
homepage: www.nyx.net/~dgrunber/