Hi all,

I imagine this must have been noticed -and discussed here- before, but
I couldn't find anything similar in the mail archive. And as there's
no official forum at Ritlabs' site anymore... a posting here (and thus
a new subscription yet) seems to be the only way to get this confirmed
- and in time corrected, I hope.

So here goes: when using the HTML-editor for outgoing messages, mail
addresses in the quoted text are removed. Both for replies and
forwards, throughout the complete message text - not only %OFROM as
might be used in the templates.
I performed several tests with all kinds of messages (like
multiple-forwarded eg. FWD:[FWD:[Re:...) and it seems to have
something to do with the <'s and >'s in the original text: everything
in between and including these brackets that looks like a mail address
is removed.
This appears in both versions I tried: 2.03.3 CE and 2.10.01.

OK, I know this is not an issue for me since I do not use the HTML
editor myself, but my colleagues do - and this gets very inconvenient
and frustrating. Imagine an agent asking you for the original mail
address after a forward, in which you asked him to do the follow-up...

Your comment greatly appreciated.