Subscriber2list, [S] wrote:

S> When I read messages successively in my Inbox (or any other
S> folder), each message is displayed accordingly.   I simply open the
S> first message I wish to read and then from that message open the
S> message/"previous" message icons(?glymphs?).

These icons exist only when you open a view folder window and browse
from the view folder window.  So I assume that's what you're doing.
Most will browse using the main windows preview pane.

S> I may read a number of messages that way, but what I have noticed
S> is in The Bat!'s Inbox, the highlighted message is still the first
S> message that I started to read. It has not advanced to whatever the
S> current message I am reading. Is this normal? Or should the current
S> message that I am reading be highlighted within the Inbox?

The view folder window doesn't follow the message list that you see in
the main window. The view folder window has its own message list which
is disabled by default. To activate it, go to the 'View' menu and
select 'Message List'. A message list should appear in the window.
It's this message list that you're working with and how it's sorted is
independent of the main windows sorting.

--
-=[ Allie ]=- (List Moderator and fellow end-user)

PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com
Running The Bat! v2.11 Beta/6 on WinXP Pro (SP1)