Hello Sergey,

Wednesday, June 9, 2004, 6:47:23 AM, you wrote:

SK> Moreover, I can assume that the "combined characters"
SK> Ed's e-mail client or web browser might not recognize letters pasted
SK> from the Cyrillic charset.

But this should be a problem!
This solution works for you, because you encode your mails to your
Russian friends in a Cyrillic charset which includes the Latin letters
as well. But Rich most probably encodes Western or even not at all
(=US-ASCII). And a Cyrillic letter which might look like a Latin
letter (if correctly encoded) turns out nonsense (if not correctly
encoded).
"Ed" will look like this with a Cyrillic E encoded US-ASCII: Åd

And if you use it as a handle in the AB, this letter might even get in
you headers, and normally you should not have 8-bit characters there.

If TB could encode UTF-8 all this would become (a little) easier!

Cyrille
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[ TB! 2.10.01, Windows ME 4.90 Build 3000, Pentium 233Mhz with 95MB ]