On Wednesday, July 7, 2004 @ 12:09:29 AM, Roelof Otten wrote:

[snips]

BH>> But all the attachments that I myself send are also saved in that
BH>> folder?! I don't want them there, I have them elsewhere on my PC,
BH>> and I don't see why TB should save them on the hard disk at all.

Roelof> That's easily explained. Suppose you're collecting stamps and you've
Roelof> got a list with stamps you're looking for. You send that list to a
Roelof> friend, meanwhile you add stamps to your collection and delete them
Roelof> from your list.
Roelof> Some time later you'd like to check how many changes you've made to
Roelof> the list you sent in order to decide whether you should post a new
Roelof> one.
Roelof> The only way this is possible is by having a copy somewhere. Therefore
Roelof> just as TB saves the messages it sent, it also saves the attachments
Roelof> it sent. Anything else wouldn't be acceptable.

Roelof, that's a terrific explanation, but the bottom line is that it's a really
bizarre behaviour for an email client to have.

Keeping a list of stamps and making a copy of them is completely different.

Attachments should stay exactly where they were before being attached - ie, where I
put them to begin with.

The email should note which attachments were sent, but no more.

--

cheers, Mic (reply address works)
The Coors beer slogan used in the USA "Get loose with Coors," became, "Get the runs