> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> What does the <*> mean next to a folder?

[etc etc]

>> I got my knuckles rapped yesterday!

> If you're referring to our little exchange a while back...

Weellllll.... sort of!! :-)) I wasn't being terribly serious and I
understood where you were coming from - I do the same in similar
situations.... I just felt a little miffed because I'd searched and
read for three hours using Google and nowhere were there any answers
to my particular queries.

Anyway - no offense taken at all.

From what I have read - email on te IMAP server stays there unless I
specifically say 'bring it here locally'. Then I have a phycical copy
on my machine. All the refs I've found suggest this has to be done
using PP3 still - which doesn't make sense to me.

SO...

A: How do I get an actual copy of the email and, say, attachments on
to my machine...

and

B: How do I know whether emails I look at using The Bat are actually
on the server or on my machine?

and

C: I have many and several filters, auto-replies, groups, and other
esoteric filter actions set up for clients' - is The Bat reliably
processing these with IMAP mail?

and

D: I really cannot find the answer to this anywhere at all...

I cannot change email addresses for my 38 accounts, they are connected
with web sites for clients and email newsletter software etc etc.

So, if I need to set up a new account to run as IMAP, how do I, for
example, change [EMAIL PROTECTED] (currently POP3) to the
same address as an IMAP account?

--
Marten Gallagher
Annery Kiln Web Design