Hey Roelof,

My MUA believes '(X-Mailer not set)' was used
to write mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
on Thursday, July 22, 2004 at 3:25:56 AM.

RO>>> The only thing that might cause problems would be the amount of
RO>>> free space both on the drive with your temp files or the amount of
TM>> | 07/21/2004  06:45p          44,492,307 MESSAGES.TBB
TM>> | 07/21/2004  06:45p           5,033,188 MESSAGES.TBI
TM>> |                2 File(s)     49,525,495 bytes
TM>> |                2 Dir(s)   1,968,627,712 bytes free

RO> I would've believed you without the 'evidence'.

LOL, when in doubt... :-)

RO> The only thing I can think now is that your message base might be
RO> corrupted.

It has been in the recent past, I had to have a system board replaced
in my notebook. What I did then is create a "REPAIR" folder and
"Parked" folder under it. Move all but the corrupt messages (no on
parked) to Repair, then move all parked to Parked :-). Delete the
messages.tbb and .tbi files, run a "check integrity/repair" on the
"repair" folder, then put the parked messages back (and mark em
parked) followed by moving all the other messages back.

RO> Create a new folder
RO> Move all messages from tbbeta to your new folder
RO> Close TB
RO> Delete the messages.tbb and .tbi files in your tbbeta directory
RO> Start TB
RO> Move all messages from your new folder to tbbeta
RO> Try the maintenance action again.

Ok, I did that (even closing TB at every step, which I have never
needed to do before, but I figured, what the heck :-). I ran a the
maint on both the temp folder before moving back, and again on the
tbbeta foder after moving.

No luck! :-( well, we did make some progress... It purged 1 message).
TBBETA now has over 9k msgs, and is set to only keep 90 days and 8000.
Not including the parked messages, I have them back to Jan of 2004.

--
Tim Musson
Flying with The Bat! eMail v2.12.00