Hi, all,

Thanks much for the front- and back-channel assistance. I gave up
and turned it over to My Son the Geek, who happens to be here. He
spent a goodly amount of time with my ISP's tech support, changed
a bunch of telnet settings, and made some changes that are so way
super far over my head it's sad. Anyway, I can send just fine
right now, and it still worked after rebooting. And yes, I saved
the settings that need to be changed, so I should be able to do
it again if it recurs, despite my abysmal ignorance. :)

--
Anna