Hello DZ-Jay,

15-Aug-2004 15:12, you wrote:

> I checked the BAYESIT.LOG file and realized that all messages are
> marked with either 100/99 % or 0% probability, which means that no matter
> how low I set the parameter, it will continue working the same.  I don't
> understand how come there is no "gray area", with messages marked with a,
> say, 30% probability, etc.  I do not get any false positives at all, but
> I do get about 4%  of false negatives...

I just checked my POPfile bucket pages and found it very interesting that,
despite spam is only 5.8% of my messages (lucky me, hu?), the "distinct
word count" for those spam messages is by far the highest (only messages
marked as "genuine/english" come close). I'd interpret that as "spam is
*very* recognizable" after a certain training period. That could explain
your results with BayesIt - maybe.

In practice, I had similar (odd) results with BayesIt. :-) ...part of the
reason that made me switch to POPfile...

 Alexander

Bradley's Bromide: If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into
a committee... that will do them in.