Hello DZ-Jay,

Sunday, August 15, 2004, 9:31:38 AM, you wrote:

DJ> Some time around 08/15/2004 09:23:46, I think I heard MikeD (3) say:
>> Hello Andre,

>> Sunday, August 15, 2004, 6:44:17 AM, you wrote:

AW>>> Have you deleted you spam and non-spam dictionary files when you
AW>>> upgraded?

>> Funny, that.  When I first upgraded I did not and it seemed to work
>> fine ... until I rebooted.

DJ> Strange... rebooting shouldn't affect anything...

Well I am guessing that because I had been running the old version of
Bayesit earlier in the day, that it continued to use that until I
rebooted.  It is the only thing that I can think of that makes sense.

>> After that, yes, I deleted all the dict files I could find.
>> Apparently there were two sets, one from the old version and one set
>> from the new.

DJ> I had to do the same thing when upgrading from v0.4gm to
DJ> v0.5.4 because I was having problems.

>> I then re-trained it on the accumulated spam and ham folders I have
>> with about 2,000 messages each.  BTW, If I give Bayesit all 2,000
>> messages at once to "chew on", it would hang.  If I gave it in
>> "chunks" it seemed to work OK <shrug>

DJ> Hum... after deleting the dict files, I trained normally with
DJ> lots of spam/non-spam messages (I'm pretty sure it was more than
DJ> 2,000) without a problem.  So I don't know what could have
DJ> happened in your case (?)

DJ> I personally find BayesIt extremely powerful, accurate, and
DJ> fast (I come from POPFile, with an accuracy of 99.6 % which
DJ> required a LOT of manual tuning, had quite some false positives,
DJ> and was VERY slow...), but what it misses it *really* misses (0%,
DJ> as opposed to some mid-way value).

I have used several 0.4 versions and they worked great, so I am
guessing that I just need to 'fix' a setting somewhere ... or at least
I hope that is it <g>

 MikeD                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows ME 4.90 Build  3000