Hello Samson,

<snipped a bit>
> i think thebat needs a better subject matching algorithm, maybe a
> "fuzzy" one, for exmple, evaluate every subject and give it a score or
> something like that, and sort threads based on these scores.
>
> as soon as the threading machanism is carefully redesigned and
> reimplemented, i believe thebat will really become the most attractive
> email program. today there is *no one* email program that can process
> conversation well. i hope thebat can be the first.

Although I agree that subject matching can and should be improved in TB,
threading by subject can never achieve actual threading as can be
accomplished with Threading by Reference using the In-Reply-To and/or
References header lines. The obnly problem with Threading by Reference,
as Alexander has pointed out, is that some e-mail clients (or servers)
do break the threading headers. Threading by subject should actually be
called "Grouping by Subject".

Anyway, a workaround I use when I want to see a thread (group) by
subject is to create a VF. That way I can see and follow the thread
(group) even if messages are in different folders.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v2.12.00