On Thursday, August 19, 2004, 05:18:29, Samson wrote:
> thebat's current threading is a good start, but has a long way to go.

*sigh*
I've said this years ago, but the general tenor of the replies was that
it's the other mail client's fault and thus TheBat wouldn't have to
change.
Well, though it might very well be that Outlook etc mess up Follow-Up
headers, other mail clients do a *splendid* job of matching messages to
threads. One pretty perfect example (to me) is the Open Source, text mode
mail client mutt.
I'm on a music DSP mailing list where people with a lot of mail clients
post. mutt does a superb job of threading long after TB has given up, even
though the mailing list server inserts an annoying [music-dsp] into the
subject.

my $0.02
Roman

--
If a listener nods his head when you're explaining your program, wake him
up.