Tuesday, August 24, 2004, 12:04:51 PM, you wrote:

> Here's why I want it this way (in the hopes that someone can offer an alternative
> solution if they think of
> it). I've just switched to TB from Netscape's mail client. I read my news from email
> alerts that have links,
> so when I click on a story it opens in Netscape. I don't read it right away. Instead
> I read all the mail,
> click on the links, and then go back and read them at some laterpoint in the day (it
> just works better for me
> that way). But if TB opens a new window each time, and I click on 15 stories, well,
> you see the problem.

I forgot a rather obvious point. The *reason* that I want the articles to open in a
different browser than the
one I use for most purposes (Firefox) is to keep news articles separate and easy to
find. I just go to the one
Netscape window and read the top article, then click 'back' repeatedly until I've read
everything.

--
Jim Kling
science writer