On Sun 29 August 2004, 22:40:41 +1000, Jurgen Haug wrote:
> ah, I guess I get it now (for this time). You mean, my mistake was to think 'hey
> I am giving him the :-* as a pattern, so I can forget about it, and after that I
> started  looking  for  the  colon,  which came later :-* RE: <-- here, BUT regex
> couldn't care less about what *I* am thinking, since it will always look for the
> first  colon,  no  matter  what pattern I am throwing at it, since this \A thing
> tells him to do exactly that! right?

That's right. It is always looking at the very beginning for zero or one colon,
followed by zero or more spaces, followed by zero or one sets of square
brackets with anything in them. Then it looks for any of the expressions
re, aw, antwort, etc.

--
Robin

Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1