Hello Nick!

On Wednesday, September 08, 2004, 12:37 PM, you wrote:

L0>>> I just upgraded to The Bat! v3.0, and I just discovered that
L0>>> this new version does not include an AntiVirus plugin for
L0>>> Kaspersky AntiVirus.

CW>> I mentioned this a couple of months back;
CW>> <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CW>> May also be worth checking out this thread on the KAV forums;
CW>> http://forums.useice.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=4138c7a26988ffff;act=ST;f=1;t=611

ND> Erk!  I thought that I'd checked everything before I upgraded.

Nick, it's going to be okay. It's being worked on.

Here's a copy-and-paste from the tbbeta list,
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Marek Mikus said:

"there is no API of Kaspersky Antivirus available, so Ritlabs can't
create own plugin using it, COM plugin included until KAV 4.5 version
was removed in KAV 5.x as I think, so actual internal support is no
longer available because this. Ritlabs prepared betaversion of
external plugin, You can test it. Let us know, if it works for You.

http://www.thebat.cz/stazeni/beta/avp.rar

ND> Ho hum, back to my downer on v3.

Come get beta v. 3.0.0.8 and help us test it. You could test that
Kaspersky plug-in that Marek mentions.

ND> It seems that Ritlabs are not alone though, I've recently
ND> upgraded:

ND>  - Kaspersky AV        machine hangs and continual disk activity

Would you consider using F-Secure? It's no more expensive than
Kaspersky Pro (which I used to have and did like) and it doesn't use
any more resources. Plus its user interface is easier for me. And,
since it runs 3 separate scanning engines, it does seem to me to offer
a little bit more anti-virus safety.

Also, it sent down a package making it compatible with Windows XP SP2.

ND>  - Agnitum Outpost     random component blocking

I don't know what this program is.

ND> Tempted to restore from last week's backup, I can't believe that
ND> I'm getting nostalgic for *last week*!

Nick, Nick!!! Keep the faith, baby! :)

Mary
The Bat! 3.0.0.8 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2