Stuart Cuddy writes:

> How would you like it to work?

Well, since you ask:  Ideally for me, this filter would allow me to
match some arbitrary field(s) in the message against entries in the
address book, potentially using regular expressions, and would allow me
to move messages that match to specific folders based on some arbitrary
field in the message.  In other words, with one filter, I'd be able to
look for specific matches against the address book and file all messages
from a given person in the AB into a specific folder for that person.
So messages from John would go into a folder called (perhaps) JohnMail,
and filters from Jane would go into a folder called JaneMail, and so on.

The advantage would be that I wouldn't have to define a filter for
everyone I know and for whom I'd like to file mail in a specific folder.
Right now most of my filters are for specific individuals, sending their
e-mails to specific folders.

> If your Known Inbox was created by Upgrading from version 2, I would
> just delete the criteria part and recreate it the way you want it.
> Depending on when you upgraded there was some bugs in the process
> that caused errors.

I have a folder called "Inbox - Known" under my account, but I don't
understand what it is for or how it works.  I did create the current
tree by upgrading from version 2.

--
Anthony
Using The Bat! v3.0.1.33 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600